Join the Microwave Technology team.
Microwave Technology Inc., MwT, is a Fremont based high tech company focusing on GaAs and GaN based wireless devices, MMIC’s and high performance amplifier modules.
We are always looking for talented & creative people
We offer excellent benefit packages:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Personal-Time-Off (PTO)
Senior MMIC and RF Designer
MicroWave Technology Inc. (MwT), a privately held company focusing on GaAs and GaN based MMIC products for commercial and military applications, currently has an opening for Senior MMIC and RF Designer. MwT offers competitive compensation and benefit package including performance-based incentives.
- Work with sale team and customers to define the key specifications of the new MMIC products.
- Define circuit schematic, perform design simulation and layout, choose the right package type, to meet the electrical, thermal and cost requirements.
- Tape out the engineering lot to wafer foundry on schedule.
- Perform extensive and thorough characterizations on new MMICs.
- Work with packaging/assembly vendors to choose the proper package for MMIC products.
- Develop testing fixtures and evaluations boards.
- Develop testing plan and methodology.
- Create datasheets with complete data over temperature range, including tables, plots, and application information.
- Release MMIC products to market on schedule.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, details and results oriented person.
- Solid technical background with hands-on products design/layout/testing experiences.
- Good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Degree (BS, MS, or PhD) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent fields.
- More than 5 years of experience in microwave MMIC design for power and low noise amplifiers.
- Experience in designing attenuators, phase shifters, or switches is a plus.
- Skilled with AWR design simulation tools and layout tools.
- Experience with EM simulations.
- Designing for manufacturability, e.g. high yield and low cost.
- Operation and calibration of s-parameter, power, and noise figure measurements using industry standard test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, power meter, noise meter, etc.).
- Experience with the design of microwave evaluation boards including both electrical and thermal aspects.
- Device modeling experience is a plus.
- Hybrid module design experience is a plus.
If you have any additional questions regarding Employment opportunities at MwT or would like to submit your resume for future consideration please email us below.